Monday, March 11, 2002

Hello one and all,
Goddamn............... today the "marathonbar" finally came to an end. It is a great tradition in the bar downstairs - once a year the bar opens for 4 days and all the crazy Danes compete to see who can stay for the entire 72 hours and drink the most beer. They all seem to take it very seriously, with speeches and all -"I would like to thank everyone in my kitchen for helping me to reach this goal. I've drunk a lot of beer over the past 4 days. I truly believe that nothing is good without beer..." and so on. (At least I think that's what they were saying - the transalation may be shady at best). Køkken (kitchen) Q has won the beer drinking contest for a few consecutive years, so when in danger of losing, they hastily bought 6 crates of beer for all to share. First thing in the morning and furthermore, giving all due consideration to the fact that the best beer was about 7.5%, beer makes for much incoherency, resulting in diary entries such as this. Aside from all of this, I have made wehat I seriously believe to be a step up the ladder from ING & will hopefully soon commence a job delivering pamphlets. Fresh air, no office politics... what more could I possibly want? Will also be starting Danish lessons very soon.
Adios.